The information we request in this form is to ensure that we are finding a quality temporary home for our pets. This information assists us in achieving the best match between our pets and a potential new owner.
Auction For A Kaws
301 Haywood Centre
Greenville, SC 29607
Foster Agreement for DOG AND CAT RESCUE
This Foster Agreement is made and hereby entered into, on this _________ (day) of __________________ (month) , 2019 by and between AUCTION FOR A KAWS (AFAK) and , hereafter referred to as Foster Home. A Foster Home is defined as a temporary home for the animal to live in while he/she awaits a permanent adoption through AFAK. The purpose of this agreement is to ensure that this animal gets the highest possible level of care and treatment throughout his/her stays in our program. Foster Home understands and agrees to abide by the following terms:
1. Foster Home agrees to temporarily house and care for animal(s) belonging to AFAK. Foster Home understands and agrees that AFAK is the sole and rightful owner of the foster animal(s).
2. Foster Home fully agrees and understands that AFAK will make all decisions regarding this animal.
3. Foster Home agrees to treat this animal in a humane and loving way at all times, and to make sure that anyone temporarily caring for this animal will do the same.
4. The Foster Home understands that the rescue is not responsible for any damage caused by this animal while in foster care. Therefore, Foster Home agrees to confine this animal to a crate when he/she cannot be directly supervised.
5. The Foster Home agrees to provide this animal, and all other animals he/she owns with proper veterinary care as is recommended by AFAK, providing the medication or vet service was approved prior to treatment, and the preferred vet clinic was used.
6. Foster Home understands that if it decides it wants to adopt this animal permanently, it must notify AFAK before a potential adopter makes plans to meet this animal. We will not cancel an adoption in progress.
7. The Foster Home agrees that the care of this animal is not transferable. The Foster Home agrees that, if for any reason he/she is unable to continue to house and care for the animal, it will notify and turn this animal back over to AFAK.
8. Foster Home agrees to keep this animal clean and well-groomed at all times.
9. Foster Home agrees to feed a wholesome, premium pet food and have fresh water available at all times.
10. The Foster Home agrees that this animal will reside in the home of the Foster Home, not outside. This animal may NOT be left outdoors if you are not at home.
11. Foster Home agrees that this animal will never be allowed off a leash when it is outdoors, unless it is in a fenced in area or fenced yard. This animal may never be left outdoors if you are not there supervising the animal.
12. Foster Home understands that it is often their job to determine or learn the temperament of the animal they are fostering. Foster Home understands that AFAK has no way of knowing the temperament of most of the animals coming into the program. Therefore, Foster Home agrees to use due caution when first handling the foster animal. Further, Foster Home is fully aware that any animal may bite if provoked. Foster Home also agrees to never allow any stranger or child to be near this animal until this animal is trusted, and will never allow any child to threaten, squeeze, poke, step on, or otherwise pose a perceived threat to this animal. If Foster Home determines the animal to be a biter, or a bite risk, they are to contact AFAK immediately for further instructions.
13. Foster Home grants permission for a representative of AFAK to visit the home at any time to check on the well-being of this animal.
14. Foster Home agrees that AFAK cannot predict how long an animal may stay in foster care. Foster Home agrees to care for that animal as long as they are able to. If they are no longer able to, they must return the animal to AFAK. Foster Home agrees that if asked to return the animal, they need to do so to a member of AFAK within 24 hours of being asked to return the animal. If Foster Home is unavailable at the time the animal is needed, Foster Home agrees to make the animal available for pick up within the 24-hour period.
I have read and understand this entire agreement, and do hereby agree to ALL of the above terms.